Sat, 17 Jul | National Emergency Services Museum

The National Emergency Services Museum, Sheffield - Charity Paranormal Investigation

'Objects thrown by a former prisoner who resents anyone who enters his cell.'
Registration is Closed
The National Emergency Services Museum, Sheffield - Charity Paranormal Investigation

Time & Location

17 Jul, 20:00 – 18 Jul, 01:00
National Emergency Services Museum, Old Police/Fire Station, W Bar, Sheffield S3 8PT, UK

About The Event

Veritas Paranormal UK invite you to join us as we investigate the truth at The National Emergency Services Museum, Sheffield.

The price per person is £25 (plus a small Helm ticket booking fee) - every penny of which will be donated to the upkeep of this iconic collection of vehicles and memorabilia of our emergency services throughout the years.

History

Sheffield has been the home of Emergency related museums and collections since the original Sheffield Fire Museum in 1931. The original museum was the idea of Superintendent Tom Breaks and was located at the Fire Station then known as Rockingham Street Station. Some of the items from the original museum, along with the personal collection of Tom Breaks can still be seen in the museum today. In the late 1970's firefighters from South Yorkshire Fire Service started to add to and reorganise the collection that had been on display across many fire stations to reopen a Fire Service Museum here in Sheffield. The collection grew over the years and in the early 1980's relocated to its current home in the former Police, Fire and Ambulance Station at West Bar.

West Bar Station, completed in 1900 and designed by architect Joseph Norton, was built in an era concerned with both form and function. As a creation of the Chief Constable of Sheffield, John Jackson and the Chief Fire Officer, Superintendent William Frost, the Fire Station featured lots of cutting-edge technology such as the symbolic Pole Drop; originally an American concept, the ‘Hales Swinging’ system and electric bells.

It was John Jackson (portrait above the fireplace in the entrance) who saw a need for one of the first combined Fire, Police and Ambulance Stations. This shared Station had a layout which allocated the Police the left side of the ground floor. This included 4 cells, 12 stables, an office, an interview room, the inspector’s office and an enquiries desk. This area is now the museum’s reception. The building itself saw service through both World Wars and survived the Sheffield Blitz, however, fragments of shrapnel and scars can still be found in the front brickwork of the building.

In the cobbled area of the building was West Bar’s ambulance, listed as ‘ambulance number two’, this would have been operated by the firefighters along with mortuary vehicles.

The remainder of the building such as the engine house, first and second floors made up the Fire Station.

Haunted History

Ghost Figures seen and heard

Objects thrown & moved without explination

A resident negative energy within the building

Unexplained cold spots

Talking & voices heard

Share This Event