SOLD OUT - Bishops Manor, East Yorkshire
Time & Location
About The Event
Bishop's Manor in Howden, East Riding Of Yorkshire stands a stone's throw from the remains of Howden Minster, just off the market square. The manor was built to provide a residence and administrative centre for the powerful Prince Bishops of Durham, who stayed here on their way between Durham and London.
Originally built between 1388 and 1405 by Bishop Walter de Skirlaugh, It was altered in the Tudor period and again in the 18th and 20th centuries.
Some of the Original features include Bishop Skirlaugh's vaulted entrance porch. Inside the manor are Georgian and Victorian fireplaces and an impressive staircase.
At least three kings are known to have visited the manor; King John spent the Christmas of 1211 here, and Kings Edward II and Henry V also stayed here.